St Ives Library is to host an Emergency First Aid at Work training day, on Wednesday, 12th July.
The training is designed to give those attending a basic knowledge for providing first aid within the workplace.
The course is Awarding Organisation compliant as regulated by the Health and Safety Executive, and is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for training of candidates in first aid for low-risk environments.
The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a casualty. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills, including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious casualty
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a casualty who is choking
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a casualty who is bleeding
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work
To find out more, and to book onto the course, click here.