Additional exhibitions detailing the proposed low-carbon transport strategy for the town are to be held from 4th to 11th December.
The exhibition attracted more than 300 visitors when it was staged in the library on Monday (27th November).
Now it is going ‘on the road’ at the following venues:
- 4th December: St Ives Leisure Centre, 4pm-8pm (town councillors available for Q&A, 4pm-7pm)
- 5th December: Lelant Village Hall, 11am-3pm (town councillors available 11am-noon)
- 7th December: St John’s in-the-Fields Church, noon-3pm (town councillors available 1pm-2pm)
- 11th December: The Island Centre, St Ives, 9.30am-3pm (town councillors available 10am-2pm)
The proposal is part of the St Ives Town Deal and, if accepted, could get under way as early as next winter. It seeks to:
- Reduce traffic congestion and parking demand in the town centre
- Improve air quality and health outcomes for residents and visitors
- Enhance public transport options and accessibility
- Support local businesses by creating a more attractive and vibrant town
A series of exhibition boards set out proposals in the scheme, which stretches as far as the St Erth transport hub and the junction to Halsetown at Consols.
Those boards are now available to view here, and there is also a questionnaire on that page. A paper copy of the questionnaire is available at the library and the St Ives Town Council offices.