Dates have been announced for key festive events which are hoped to take place in St Ives this Christmas and New Year.
Key dates are:
- 3rd December: Father Christmas will arrive in town at the RNLI lifeboat house, 6pm. The lights will then be switched on by Margaret Ferrell.
- 3rd-5th December: Street entertainers around town.
- 4th December: Free parking in Cornwall Council car parks.
- 4th and 5th December: Santa’s Grotto at the St Ives Theatre.
- 11th December: judging of the Christmas shop window competition. The winner will be announced the next day.
- December 31st: New Year fireworks at midnight.
Locals and visitors are being encouraged to gather down at the harbour at midnight 31st December to welcome in 2022. With the majority wearing fancy dress, it is said to be the third largest New Year party in the UK.
Find out more about the celebrations on the So St Ives website.